Fair Processing Notice for Candidates
At Ensign Care (and our parent company, Ensign Security Ltd), we respect your personal data. This Fair Processing Notice (FPN) explains how we will use your personal data as one of our existing candidates.
Our contact details
Our head office is in Leeds
Kirkstall Road, Leeds
What personal data do we collect about you? How will we use that personal data?
At Ensign Care, we believe that our candidates are the life blood of our business and we value each and every one of you. With that in mind, we want you to know that we take the privacy of your data very seriously. We need to collect and process your personal data in order to assist you in finding work. That’s what we’re here for.
Initially, we collected your name, email address, phone number and all data from your CV and/or our registration form. Whether you sent us this data by email, through a job site, through our own website or by phone, or you have made your CV available in the CV database of a job board, we entered it into our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Sometimes we did this ourselves, sometimes we sent it through a clever piece of software which takes that data from your CV and populated our CRM for us. Either way, rest assured Ensign Care and our approved processors are the only ones with access to it.
If you made your CV available on job boards, then we have used your details to contact you regarding a role we believed was suitable.
We may be required to see proof of your right to work in the UK, which is normally done by taking a copy of your passport, birth certificate or other suitable document. Most of these contain information about your country of origin, which is considered “Special Category” data under GDPR. If we find you temporary work, then we have to take a copy of these documents to fulfil our legal obligations to you as your employer – please see the separate FPN for Ensign Care Employees. Rest assured, we do not do anything with this information except attach a copy to your file. On rare occasions, we may be asked to send this data to a third-party company (e.g. the client you are working with).
Candidates provide us with some medical data which is a requirement of the NHS fitness to work. This is classed as “Special Category” data which you would have chosen to send us alongside the personal data listed above. We have taken this affirmative action as your consent to hold and process the information, however if you feel this is not the case then please contact us. We will not share this info with any third-party companies unless you explicitly ask us to.
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
We need a legal basis in order to process your personal data.
We will process the following personal data as we believe we have a legitimate interest to do so:
- your personal data provided when you give us your CV and contact details, and any further data you give us as we seek work for you. Our legitimate interest is finding you a role, which is what you’ve asked us to do.
We will process the following personal data with your explicit consent:
- medical data to enable us to verify you have the correct immunisations to work in the NHS
Do we use any automated decision making?
We do not use any automated decision making.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share your data with:
- Our software providers, (e.g. our CRM provider or external assessment software
-Our professional advisors (e.g. legal advisors, accountants etc.)
-Our clients (but only after speaking to you about a specific role)
-Professional bodies (if we need to conduct qualification checks)
Do we transfer your personal data outside of the EU or EEA?
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the EU as a general rule. If we discuss a role with you which requires us to send your data outside the EU then we will speak to you in advance.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will keep your data for three years from the last meaningful contact. We define the date of “last meaningful contact” as: the date we received an updated CV from you, the date we last arranged an interview for you or the date we last spoke to you on the phone/in person.
Your rights as a data subject
The GDPR gives you rights as a data subject. You have:
1. The right to request from us access to your personal data;
2. The right to request from us rectification of your personal data;
3. The right to request from us erasure of your personal data;
4. The right to request from us restriction of processing your personal data;
5. The right to object to our processing of your personal data;
6. The right of data portability;
7. If we are processing your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To do so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org This does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before you withdrew it; and
8. You have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel that we have been unable to resolve your query.
More information on your rights can be found in Chapter 3 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
For the full list of our Privacy Policies and Fair Processing Notices please click here.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact us.
Ensign Care. The Tannery, Kirkstall Road, Leeds, LS3 1HS